Sunday, April 29, 2012

White Barbecue Sauce

White Barbecue Sauce - (Big Book of BBQ, from editors of Southern Living)

 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
1/4 cup white wine vinegar
1 garlic clove, minced
1 TBSP coarsely ground pepper
1 TBSP spicy brown mustard or creole mustard
2 tsp horseradish
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp salt

Stir together all ingredients until well blended. Cover and chill until ready to serve. Store in airtight container in refrigerator up to 1 week. Makes 1 3/4 cup.

* I made this today with real mayonnaise, not Miracle Whip. I liked it with the real mayonnaise; it's not so sweet. Also, I couldn't find white wine vinegar in the store, so used tarragon flavored vinegar. The lightest (in color) is probably the best - not red wine vinegar. I did find Zatarain's creole mustard. I'm using it as a marinade for chicken breasts and plan on basting it as I cook it with additional sauce. It tastes amazing. Reminds me of hollandaise sauce and would be good on eggs or as a sandwich spread. I might try to have on hand for a multipurpose sauce. I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment